GDPR – At Cara, compliance is built-in.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European ruling which governs the data protection rights for all individuals within the European Union. It serves to strengthen and unify all data protection rules and practices across the EU. The regulation states that every contact within your database must have a lawful reason for being there.
Here then are the six allowable reasons:
- You have consent from the individual
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual or to take steps into a contract
- It is for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
- It is to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another individual
- It is needed for the compliance with a legal obligation
FIVE CRM and Cara
FIVE CRM provide our contact platform. It is a market-leading software solution dedicated to helping customers thrive and grow.
FIVE CRM have invested in creating a Personal Data Rights Management System which is designed to aid in strengthening data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU), as part of the GDPR.
Give us a call to find out how we can assist in keeping you within the law when carrying out any marketing activities. 01202 890055